Notepad Scribbles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A writers forum for writers to put up their writing, that they wrote, for other writers to read.

4 posters

Writing Contest

Larik
    Scribbler

Writing Contest Empty Writing Contest

Post by Larik Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

I recently had an idea of a writing contest. Yes, contest. I'll be deciding who wins since I do not plan on participating. Okay with you guys? Cool. Anyways, the requirements for this is that it has to be done by the end of June. If all of you actually submits a story sooner than that, great. I can decide then.

Requirements include:

A desert motif. Doesn't have to be about cowboys, Indians, or anything. Just include the desert throughout the entire story.

Second condition. A fantasy angle. Some magic, maybe? Some evil monster. Some hot piece of ass ( male, if you ladies are planning on participating ) that is some otherworldly creature.

Third condition. Has to be good. 1-14 pages. It can be shorter, or more, if you want. So, just six thousand words, I guess. Think you guys can manage that by the end of the month? Just post here if you plan on signing up so I can expect your submission. Kkthxbai.

Oh, and if the admins got a problem with it, they can be the judges of this little competition.
    Fyodor
    Fyodor

Writing Contest Empty Re: Writing Contest

Post by Fyodor Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm

I'll participate.
    ToryIsConfused
    ToryIsConfused
    Admin

Post by ToryIsConfused Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Sounds like a cool idea. I might not be able to do that by the end of June, though. I look forward to everyone's submissions, though, and I might change my mind and join a bit later!

Edit: Also, moved to Workshop. Might make a Contests subforum later.
    Pr0nogo
    Pr0nogo
    Critic

Post by Pr0nogo Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:54 am

Consolidate, Jim. Workshop is fine for contests. Official ones can be announcements. S'all good.

I threw up a short concept called Gipfelstürmer in the Short Stories forum. I won't use that story but some of the background stuff like might be usable of I decide to participate.
    Fyodor
    Fyodor

Post by Fyodor Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, it's the end of the month and my submission was in. You've read it already. Did anyone else participate?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 am